httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [A-T] adjusting APACHE and APXS env vars
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 21:48:47 GMT
I'd like to suggest to rename the APACHE and APXS env vars to APACHE_HTTPD and
APACHE_APXS, respectively, so we end up with the following mapping to the
command line options:

                    httpd => 'APACHE_HTTPD',
                    user  => 'APACHE_USER',
                    group => 'APACHE_GROUP',
                    apxs  => 'APACHE_APXS',
                    port  => 'APACHE_PORT',

to make things more intuitive and consistent. Moreover the prefix ideally
should be: APACHE_TEST_ and not APACHE_, since we already have a bunch of env
vars which start with APACHE_TEST_ (), such as:

APACHE_TEST_TRACE_LEVEL
APACHE_TEST_STARTUP_TIMEOUT
APACHE_TEST_DEBUG_LWP
APACHE_TEST_HOSTTYPE
APACHE_TEST_HOSTNAME
APACHE_TEST_SEED
and more...

So may be it's better to move to:

                    httpd => 'APACHE_TEST_HTTPD',
                    user  => 'APACHE_TEST_USER',
                    group => 'APACHE_TEST_GROUP',
                    apxs  => 'APACHE_TEST_APXS',
                    port  => 'APACHE_TEST_PORT',

Hoping that most people don't rely on the APACHE and APXS env vars yet, we can
just drop them, or we could have a back-compat support for APACHE and APXS for
some time. Though I'm in favor to just drop them, making everybody move to the
better API.