httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Trace level defaults to 'debug'
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:38:14 GMT
On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 01:51:05PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >>LogLevel    debug
> >
> >That's the one I needed to set.
>
> You can override it later in your extra conf files. But it's a good idea to
> keep it at the debug level.

I was able to override but will follow your advice. The info about where
to set it (extra.conf.in) and your suggestion to use LogLevel debug
should probably be added to the patch I submitted.

> >That makes sense now. I'm still getting the client and server stuff
> >mixed up :).
>
> You don't. Apache::TestTrace works on the client and the server sides. It's
> the tracing of Apache-Test, which is unrelated to logging of Apache.

As I've recently found out. Thanks for fixing up my documentation patch.

> It takes some time to learn to appreciate Apache::TestTrace.

Actually, I've recently started using Log::Log4perl and find
Apache::TestTrace to be a similar tool. Now that I know how to use it, I
will be able to put its power to work for me.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.