httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:13:19 GMT
On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:30:45PM -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> if you're feeling a bit overwhelmed but have Apache-Test installed, I'd
> suggest that you start with this
>
> http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp1.tar.gz
>
> examine it, run it, and get a feel for how the test scripts interact with
> the running server.  then massage the bug.pl script and Bug.pm library
> gradually to get it looking like your code.  starting with such a simple
> example might help everything gel together for you - Apache-Test is actually
> very simple, so at this point you may be over thinking things :)

Just starting to review this module but have a quick question about the
layout. Why is the perl module in t/My/Bug.pm and not in lib/My/Bug.pm?
In most projects, the modules to be tested are in lib/, no?

Also, when running `perl Makefile.PL`, I get an error that Apache2 is
not in my @INC. I cannot install this module directly via CPAN and don't
see a need for it in an Apache 1.x environment so have removed it from
the Makefile.PL.

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.