httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:52:15 GMT
On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:30:45PM -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> no, I'm sorry - I didn't mean to sound so harsh.  it just seemed to me that
> this was becoming a very long thread comprised mostly of things that I knew
> were answered already.  apparentlly, not clearly enough, though :)

Thanks for the life jacket ;->. I was starting to think I had jumped
into the wrong end of the pool. There are just so many ways of coming
into contact with this material that it's impossible to write
documentation that works for everyone's situation. Anyhow, I'm going
over your articles and references now. I'm sure that this material will
begin to gel for me sooner or later.

> basically, there are two ways to approach Apache-Test: do it all yourself or
> let Apache-Test add some highly magical stuff.
>    <snip>
> personally, I find my approach much more managable for first time users, but
> YMMV.

So far it's been one step forward, two steps back. I'll let you know how
it goes with your approach.

Thanks again,
William

--