httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:10:24 GMT
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:43:59PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >OK, I'm working on this conversion and am hitting a roadblock due to mp1
> >not supporting the PerlSwitches directive.
>
> No need to:

That's a nice solution for enabling taintmode and warnings, but I was
referring to adding the path using -I as shown in the docs example[1].

> >Is there a reason that the modperl_startup.pl is required *after* the
> >extra.conf when the httpd.conf file is built? For now, my workaround is
> >to use modperl_extra.pl to set @INC and load the module.
>
> Yes. There is extra.last.conf.in for those things that you need to be
> configured after modperl_startup.pl is loaded.

I figured as much. So it seems that the only solution for loading
modules under mp1 is via modperl_extra.in. Further testing revealed that
it is not necessary to actually modify @INC since that's being handled
in modperl_startup.pl. In fact, it turns out that it's not even
necessary to loaded Apache::TestTest at all in the config files. Perhaps
the best directive for the docs would be:

<IfDefine MODPERL2>
    PerlSwitches -wT
    # preload the module
    PerlSwitches -I@ServerRoot@/../lib