httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:29:30 GMT
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:03:12AM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> William, you need to move the config files from conf to t/conf and make
> them test.conf.in and test-ssl.conf.in. usually people put ssl into a
> separate directory, so you will probably want to do:
>
> t/conf/extra.conf.in
> t/conf/test.conf.in
> t/conf/ssl/test.conf.in
>
> conf/startup.pl needs to be t/conf/modperl_extra.pl and it'll be
> automatically loaded.

OK, I'm working on this conversion and am hitting a roadblock due to mp1
not supporting the PerlSwitches directive. Therefore I am relying on the
library path to my module to be set via modperl_startup.pl. When this
file gets built, it does gather my lib and blib directories. However,
this file does not get loaded until after my extra.conf.in. Thus using
the PerlModule directive fails with an error that the lib does not exist
in @INC. Neither PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB or SetEnv PERL5LIB works.

Is there a reason that the modperl_startup.pl is required *after* the
extra.conf when the httpd.conf file is built? For now, my workaround is
to use modperl_extra.pl to set @INC and load the module.

Thanks,
William

--