httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:25:14 GMT
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:03:12AM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> William, you need to move the config files from conf to t/conf and make
> them test.conf.in and test-ssl.conf.in.

My original goal in putting them in conf was to be able to reuse the
configuration directives for both testing and production. It seems now
that it may be more trouble than it's worth, and that I should stick
with the norm and copy/paste the directives to the t/conf from the
httpd.conf.

> usually people put ssl into a separate directory, so you will probably
> want to do:
>
> t/conf/extra.conf.in
> t/conf/test.conf.in
> t/conf/ssl/test.conf.in

I didn't realize that the directives for ssl were usually kept in
separate conf files. Do you add an include in the main conf file to pull
these in?

> conf/startup.pl needs to be t/conf/modperl_extra.pl and it'll be
> automatically loaded.

OK, I see.

> Once you do all that and before you upload a new package, you should be
> able to untar it in a new place (e.g. /tmp) and run your tests. If some
> tests fail it's OK, but the test suite should run. And it doesn't at the
> moment.

That's a good idea. I'll be sure to make it work before reposting the
test.

Thanks,
William

--