httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:17:28 GMT
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:51:56AM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Thanks William, but your package has a problem - it uses hardwired paths
> (/home/william/perl/Apache-TestTest) , which obviously prevent me (or
> anybody else) from using it. You need to use: @ServerRoot@, @DocumentRoot@
> and other placeholders in the config files and Apache::Test->config in perl
> files.
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#toc_Extending_Configuration_Setup

Yeah, after I posted it I realized that I had created a bit of a beast.
I was mimicing the setup that I created for a project that I'm
shoehorning into the A::T environment.

Let me fix the test module and repost it. I'll split off the module that
tests the CGI::Application stuff within an A::T environment to keep
things as simple as possible. I'll let you know when it's available.

> and Apache::Test->config in perl files:
> my $dir = catdir Apache::Test::config()->{vars}->{documentroot}, '...',
>
> We need better docs for this configuration issue. Patches are very welcome.

I'm not sure I follow your comment. Am I misusing this somewhere?

> Meanwhile I'll try to s/// your hardcoded path to my hardcoded path and see
> if I can move forward

Don't spend too much time on that. It's rather messy.

Thanks!
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.