httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: Perl test framework, TestConfig, and debugging A::T
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:03:24 GMT
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:57:43PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> It's really hard to guess what did you do. As suggested below if you could
> create a sample package which reproduces the problem, upload it somewhere
> and post the URL here, we could be much more helpful. You should be able to
> create this sample package without having any perl modules, only the test
> modules.

Understood. I'll work on building a test module so that I can be more
helpful in providing tests for the anomalies I keep creating <g>.

> Take a look at the modperl-2.0 suite for examples. Also see
> Apache-VMonitor-2.0 on CPAN which has 3 vhosts and it works just fine.

OK.

> I use the good old print() and Data::Dumper to debug. Actually I use
> error() which is imported by Apache::TestTrace, and if you have env var
> APACHE_TEST_COLOR=1 it'll get out in red colour and it knows to handle
> variable references via Data::Dumper.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the error() command. I have been
using APACHE_TEST_COLOR which is a very nice feature.

> I don't think you can use perl debugger with fork/exec, though I could
> be wrong. How do you invoke the debugger? exec runs exactly the same
> command, so it should invoke the debugger again.

I've been calling it as `perl -d t/TEST`. I have tried calling it using
`t/TEST -debug perl` but the debugger hangs or, more recently, I get the
message '!!! server is not ready yet, try again.' Running the tests
without debugging or with the gdb debugger works fine. I need to build
that test module to see if I can repeat this behavior....

As always, thanks for your assistance,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.