httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Regarding Apache 2.0.48 and specweb99
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:14:57 GMT
>> I recall hearing that SysV sems are notorious for that on
>> some platforms.
>
> I'm thinking of having the SEM_UNDO flag while creating the semaphore (if
> it's not already enabled)

APR's sysvsem IPC locks have undo enbaled.

> There's one more thing I noticed (might be specific to HP-UX) : I saw more
> errors with keepalive ON rather than when it was OFF.

I think you may be looking at a problem where server and client(s) are
messing with each other. Threads blocking on the server could be tying up
the clients, untill all clients are hanging and everything stops. I have
found the SPECWeb99 clients less than wonderfully robust under these
circumstances.

S.

--
Covalent Technologies                 sctemme@covalent.net
Engineering group                    Voice: (415) 856 4214

PGP FP: 7A8D B189 E871 80CB 9521  9320 C11E 7B47 964F 31D9

This email message is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message