httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status of the perl-framework
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:08:17 GMT
At 02:02 PM 12/8/2003, Geoffrey Young wrote:

>so, this is not a big deal, and it's not just mod_include that has warning
>troubles.  so, I'll tidy up the perl and that will help a few things along.

No arguement there, if the *perl-framework* is broken your fixes are
appreciated.

>> 2.1 runs fine for me. 2.0 has some known flaws which are fixed with my rewrite
>> (waiting for backport).
>
>we can capture the 2.0/2.1 differences with have_min_apache_version() or
>similar logic, so no worries there either.

NOOOO!  While we appreciate your efforts to have the *tests* run properly,
please do *NOT* mask legitimate failures in your efforts to have 'clean'
output from the framework.  As the tests grow, we discover that some of
our long standing expectations aren't met - and that both 1.3 and 2.0 may
exhibit issues.  Don't mask those issues - they need to be called out.

So do fix the *tests* - do not *fix* the tests :)

Bill