httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: A::T and STDERR
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:12:49 GMT

William McKee wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:06:02PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Use this archive instead:
>

> Thanks for the link.
>

>>Hmm, are you sure you've spelled things right? That's t/logs/error_log. Do
>>you get anything at all written to it?
>

> Yes, I do get some output written to the error_log. It turns out that I
> had a use lib statement in one of my modules which was loading a
> different version of the module than what I was working on.

this is one danger of using the live-dev thing, you can get confused :)  if
you just follow the

$ make && t/TEST t/foo.t -v

paradigm you'll always get things right (I use an alias myself :).  with
smalish modules it shouldn't add too much time - the live-dev thing was
really for mod_perl where even the gloss-over make does for unchanged c/xs
files can take a while.

> I'm using mod_perl 1.29. Once I corrected the problem above, the output
> written with warn starts showing up in my test output. I'm too new to
> this testing environment to know if that's the correct action (which is
> the case when I run "normal" tests with Test::* packages) or if A-T is
> supposed to be redirecting the STDERR filehandle to the
> t/logs/error_log.

this has nothing to do with Apache-Test - mod_perl directs all request-time
handler warnings to the error_log.  if you warn from foo.t is should print
on the terminal provided you have verbose mode set (IIRC).

HTH

--Geoff