httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: A::T and STDERR
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 00:06:02 GMT
William McKee wrote:
> Hi list,
> Sorry if this is a FAQ. I could not search the list archives because the
> link to the archives[1] is redirecting to

Yup, it's a known problem. Nobody with access to
bothers to fix it. I don't have an access to it.

Use this archive instead:

> I am a newcomer to
> the Apache::Test environment and am working through Stas' excellent
> documentation on using it. I've got it working but am getting an error
> during operation which I am trying to track down.
> I will oftentimes dump objects to the apache error log for helping me
> during debugging. This technique does not appear to work within the A::T
> framework. I am checking the error.log file creating in the t/log
> directory. However, nothing that I write to STDERR via warn is making it
> into this output.

Hmm, are you sure you've spelled things right? That's t/logs/error_log. Do you
get anything at all written to it?

> Is this expected behavior? Is there a way I can configure the
> environment to allow my modules to write to the error log?

I doubt this has anything to do with A-T. Most likely a bug in modperl if you
are calling it from mod_perl. Which mod_perl version are you using. Please
see: and report it to the modperl list if that's
the case.

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message