httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: A::T and STDERR
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:15:19 GMT
On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 10:12:49AM -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> this is one danger of using the live-dev thing, you can get confused :)  if
> you just follow the
>
> $ make && t/TEST t/foo.t -v
>
> paradigm you'll always get things right (I use an alias myself :).  with
> smalish modules it shouldn't add too much time - the live-dev thing was
> really for mod_perl where even the gloss-over make does for unchanged c/xs
> files can take a while.

OK, that makes sense. However, I do like the idea of keeping the server
running since it takes several seconds for my slow system to bring it
up. Running `make && t/TEST -run-tests` seems to work fine though.

> this has nothing to do with Apache-Test - mod_perl directs all request-time
> handler warnings to the error_log.  if you warn from foo.t is should print
> on the terminal provided you have verbose mode set (IIRC).

OK, I had suspected this was why I didn't see the output in my
error_log. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
William

--