httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: APACHE_TEST_LIVE_DEV
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:05:35 GMT
On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:02:20PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> By putting it last (after blib):
>  <snip>
> it ensures that it'll be first in @INC. So it does it right.

Yes, of course, that makes sense. However, when I dump my @INC the blib
directories show up above the project/lib directory:

$VAR1 = [
	'/home/quicktel/QT-Web/blib/lib',
	'/home/quicktel/QT-Web/blib/arch',
	'/home/quicktel/QT-Web/lib',
	'lib',
	'/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.2/i686-linux',
	'/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.2',
	'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/i686-linux',
	'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2',
	'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl',
	'/usr/share/perl5/',
	'.'
];

> Show us an example of a module that you put in project/lib/ and it finds
> the blib/ one instead. Are you sure you fully qualify the package name in
> lib/?

I'm not sure what you want to see. I know that if I run make before
running the test, my changes are seen. Otherwise, they are skipped.

> >Questions:
> >	1) Why is t/TEST -config adding the blib paths?
>
> it has to, because not all packages contain only .pm files, but .xs too and
> they end up in blib/.

OK.

> >	2) Why aren't my changes to modperl_inc.pl affecting the @INC hash?
>
> they do. Have you dumped your @INC? Are you sure you aren't calling 'use
> blib' somewhere in your code?

Yes, see above for dump. I know that I didn't manually add the blib
paths to my modules and grepping the lib directory for blib turns up
nothing. Could the blib paths be getting added by the make operation?

> e.g. change modperl_inc.pl to dump @INC at the end of the file. I'm pretty
> sure that lib is the first dir.

OK, I was dumping it from within my test. Well, adding the following
line:

  warn Dumper(\@INC);

Didn't output anything. It seems like A-T is not accessing this file at
all. So, that begs the question of how are the blib paths getting set at
all?

> >I can't seem to find much documentation about the modperl_inc.pl or
> >modperl_startup.pl files. Any pointers would be most appreciated!
>
> Right, there is no documentation. Patches are welcome.

If I can shed some more light on these files, I'd be glad to contribute
a patch. First, I need to figure out how they are working/not working.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.