httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject Re: A::T and STDERR
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:47:33 GMT
On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:06:02PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Use this archive instead:

Thanks for the link.

> Hmm, are you sure you've spelled things right? That's t/logs/error_log. Do
> you get anything at all written to it?

Yes, I do get some output written to the error_log. It turns out that I
had a use lib statement in one of my modules which was loading a
different version of the module than what I was working on.

> >Is this expected behavior? Is there a way I can configure the
> >environment to allow my modules to write to the error log?
>
> I doubt this has anything to do with A-T. Most likely a bug in modperl if
> you are calling it from mod_perl. Which mod_perl version are you using.
> Please see: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ and report it to the modperl list
> if that's the case.

I'm using mod_perl 1.29. Once I corrected the problem above, the output
written with warn starts showing up in my test output. I'm too new to
this testing environment to know if that's the correct action (which is
the case when I run "normal" tests with Test::* packages) or if A-T is
supposed to be redirecting the STDERR filehandle to the
t/logs/error_log.

Thanks,
William

--