httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From William McKee <will...@knowmad.com>
Subject APACHE_TEST_LIVE_DEV
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:16:50 GMT
Hi again,

More problems with configuring my Apache::Test setup. I have
successfully added the Apache::Test framework into a current project. As
I'm adding new tests, I need to update the code in my modules. To this
end, I followed the advice in the docs to set APACHE_TEST_LIVE_DEV.

Running t/TEST -config correctly created the modperl_inc.pl with the
path to my project/lib directory. However, it also adds paths to the
blib directory above this one which means that I have to run make each
time my modules change in order to get my test server to see the
updates (currently I'm using t/TEST -run-tests to prevent restarting the
server everytime). Deleting the blib paths (there are 2 that get added)
does not make any difference (even if I restart the test server).

Questions:
	1) Why is t/TEST -config adding the blib paths?
	2) Why aren't my changes to modperl_inc.pl affecting the @INC hash?

I can't seem to find much documentation about the modperl_inc.pl or
modperl_startup.pl files. Any pointers would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.