httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <j.pru...@defbank.com.pl>
Subject Re: Help ! with dynamic variables
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:46:30 GMT
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:33:14 -0500
"noam solomon" <noamsolomon@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Noam,

[...]
> The output I get is:
>
> 1071764663989897 1071764664159057 1071764664159105 1071764664857261
> 107176466485
> 7306 OK 1026 http://www.google.com/search?q=checks+cashed
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> I suspect the segmentation fault is because '${Alink}' isn't actuailly
> replaced with anything.

The segfault is because you use a very old version of Flood. See what
results I've got with recent flood:

[jacekp@szrenica flood]$ ./flood.build/bin/flood ./buglet-conf.xml
Regular expression match failed (<A HREF=([^ ]*) )
postprocessing failed (http://www.google.com/search?q=checks+cashed).
Error running farmer 'joe': Error string not specified yet.

So you're basically have a problem with your regexp. The best way to
work around such problems would be do fetch HTML body (with wget or
somesuch) and use 'pcretest' utility to fine tune your regexp.

[...]
> It seems like if it was really substituing into the template string,
> then ${ALink} would be replaced with nothing.

IIRC if we can't find ALink in variables, then the original string
(which is: ${ALink}) is put back. This is because we might end up
'eating' data from other templates (like POST body).

It would be cool if this could work much like variable substitution in
scripting languages (that is: empty string when var is not found). This
is possible, but it requires some changes in XML file format.

> Any ideas?  Maybe I configured something wrong?

You have probably used flood-0.4 tarball, right? That flood is very old
and buggy. Please download and use flood-1.1 tarball from my page:

http://cvs.apache.org/~jacekp/release/

This is a valid flood release (got 3*+1), but for various reasons we
weren't able to announce that release.

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia