httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: Redo for Patch for cookie processing in Flood
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:50:23 GMT
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:12:19 -0500 (EST)
Norman Tuttle <ntuttle@photon.poly.edu> wrote:

Hello Norman,

> As per the suggestions I have received, I am resubmitting the attached
> diff for the cookies changes in the proper format.
> See the inline comments for what has been fixed by this patch.

Please see attached diff. It's basically your patch with some minor
corrections:

1. Follow style guide more closely
2. Remove some comments
3. Replace respend with headers end. Do a test for page that has 'Set-Cookie:'
   string in its body to see why :)

If those small changes are OK with you, I'll commit your patch soon.

> Note that this patch alone does not provide the most robust solution as it
> ignores the possibility of different cookies with the same name going
> to different hosts, but for this and observation of expiration dates, etc,
> we would have to expand the Flood model of cookies to store that
> information as well, which is currently not being done.

Yup. Besides that we need to check for Set-Cookie2: header, and allow for
custom (specified in configuration) cookies to be sent. Anyway your patch is a
step towards right direction.

I'll try to review a bunch of your other patches. I'm really sorry, that this
takes sooo long, but I'm dead busy with work. Looks like this holds true for
other flood dev'ers (because of that we haven't released flood-1.1 to
public!). Anyway, your patches have a nice, quiet place on my disk until I get
more free time to spent on flood development.

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia