httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <j.pru...@defbank.com.pl>
Subject Re: Problems in using flood for mini_httpd
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:21:52 GMT
On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 16:54:23 +0100
idir fodil <idir.fodil@6wind.com> wrote:

> Hy all,
> I have installed flood and I am trying to use it for mini_httpd
> evaluation. All  connections established by flood failed.
> Does flood only oriented for httpd tests ?

No. IIRC there are quirks in flood to make it work with various (buggy)
web servers.

> or there is some configuration to do in order to evaluate mini_httpd ?

Your test might fall because flood is using 'verify_200' for response
verification, like this:

<verify_resp>verify_200</verify_resp>

Such verification will fail in some cases (e.g. when response is
HTTP/1.0). Please try this:

<verify_resp>verify_status_code</verify_resp>

It is a bit slower (tokenizes response header), but is more
bullet-proof. Hope this helps.

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia