httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Dangerous Flood memory model compromises larger runs
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:26:19 GMT
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Norman Tuttle wrote:

> How do the pools define "if possible" in your wording below (i.e., how
> would the pool know when to reuse memory)?

It's kind of complicated, so I don't know how well I can explain it off
the top of my head (Sander, feel free to jump in here :), but it keeps
freelist buckets of varying power-of-two sizes, and if it finds one of the
appropriate size, it will use it.

But there are two levels of things going on, too, because the allocator
hands out blocks of a certain size, which the pools then divide up into
smaller blocks...

Oy.

Sander?  Help me out.  :)