httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From grega...@apache.org
Subject Re: Regarding Apache 2.0.48 and specweb99
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:48:01 GMT
MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> Hmmn. Interesting.
>
> 1. Did you include the cgid restart fix ?

I don't think so.  It's the httpd-2.0.48 tarball + mod_specweb99.

> 2. Are you driving the server with the SPECweb99 recommended CGI load ?

  DYNAMIC_CGI_GET=.005

I believe that's the standard.

Looking at server-status, I see the CGI URIs dominating the active server
threads even with this tiny percentage of the total workload.  I'm using the
perl script shipped with SPECweb99.  An obvious improvement would be to use a
compiled C implementation.  But I'm not very interested in setting records or
making CGIs run fast.  I'm more interested in speeding up mod_specweb99 and base
Apache.

> 3. do you mind posting the httpd.conf

attached.

 > Oh.. BTW I hope you're also using worker MPM .

[gregames@monkey built]$ bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
   core.c
   worker.c