httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Tuttle <ntut...@photon.poly.edu>
Subject Diff for flood_net_ssl.c
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:22:43 GMT
To Apache Flood development team:

As part of our work on the Flood code (in our usage of it as par of an
enterprise product), I have been instructed to contribute back our changes
on a daily basis so we can both contribute them back to the product and
get back inportant feedback on these changes.

Other than some small touch-ups, these changes to flood_net_ssl.c involve
1) taking recursive function code out of socket read/write functions,
(replacing with do .. while loop) resulting in
a) more robust code, with less possibility of stack-related issues.
b) errors returned in recursively-called code were not being propagated.
c) with iterative code it is easier to set limits on the amount of
iteration, if necessary. I have not changed the logic here (yet).

and
2) the addition of certain cases which should cause a continuation of
reading.

The -u3 diff is taken from the current directory holding the modified file
and the \flood-1.1 directory holding the original from Apache project, and
is attached here as fns.diff since as inline the mailer would modify the
text.

-Norman Tuttle, OpenDemand Systems Developer ntuttle@opendemand.com