httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.05-dev is available
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:55:25 GMT
On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 02:30  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Seconded. We try to keep the Changes files to containing only
> information about changes that help users decide whether they need to
> upgrade to that newer version or not. If we log everything, the file
> will become useless. We could just run cvs2lg to autogenerated a list
> of all cvs changes.

Well, that's a little different, and obviously quite useless.

I try to track all changes in my Changes files because I think of it as
a list of changes, not only those changes that are significant to those
considering upgrading. And for the most part, they don't generally make
it harder to evaluate.

> There is another issue with acknowledging the contributions, but it's
> probably not the reason to log those contributions in Changes. Perhaps
> we need to start CONTRIBUTORS and simply list the names of
> contributors there. We do change docs all the time, and trying to
> track those changes is not simple and certainly doesn't belong to the
> current Changes. Suggestions on how to improve that are certainly
> welcome.

CONTRIBUTORS is okay with me.

> BTW, I did acknowledge that I've committed your patch, David, in reply
> to your email with the patch.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about that. I was just pointing out that if it
was supposed to be a comprehensive list of changes, well, it wasn't.
But if you guys prefer a different approach, well then never mind. :-)

Regards,

David

http://www.kineticode.com/                     Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org