httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:38:53 GMT

>> I should have noticed this before, but all the mod_perl foo in
>> TestConfig really belongs in TestConfigPerl (including the stuff that
>> was there before this flurry of commits :)
>>
>> it's too late for 1.05 at this point (which I hope to release on
>> monday or tuesday) but right afterward I'm going to clean up a bit and
>> remove all traces of mod_perl from TestConfig.
>

> Why? This code was there all the time and it has nothing to do with
> mod_perl and needed for any other perl project. Your quite shows like it
> wasn't added, but it wasn't, you have removed the - lines, which have
> shown where it existed before.

I'm not arguing about whether it was there before and you were just
following suit.  this isn't necessarily about the changes you just made.

what I'm saying is that we have the TestConfigPerl class for configuring
mod_perl specific widgets and TestConfig should probably be as
non-httpd-core-module neutral as we can make it.

so, stuff like IS_MOD_PERL_2, IS_MOD_PERL_2_BUILD, and PerlRequire shouldn't
be there conceptually.  it just makes it harder to extend and maintain when
there isn't a nice separation :)

--Geoff