httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.05-dev is available
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:30:09 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> David Wheeler wrote:
[...]
>> I think that this release contains my fixes to the TestRequest::POST
>> documentation, too. Or was that in 1.04?
>

> do you mean this?
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRequest.pm.diff?r1=1.87&r2=1.88

> this was added after 1.04.
>
> I guess we are inconsistent in logging doc changes in Changes.
>
> personally, I think the Changes file is most useful if it logs only
> functionality changes.  but there are other documentation issues
> mentioned there currently, so if you'd like I'll insert that into
> Changes in (around) the appropriate place chronologically.

Seconded. We try to keep the Changes files to containing only information
about changes that help users decide whether they need to upgrade to that
newer version or not. If we log everything, the file will become useless. We
could just run cvs2lg to autogenerated a list of all cvs changes.

There is another issue with acknowledging the contributions, but it's probably
not the reason to log those contributions in Changes. Perhaps we need to start
CONTRIBUTORS and simply list the names of contributors there. We do change
docs all the time, and trying to track those changes is not simple and
certainly doesn't belong to the current Changes. Suggestions on how to improve
that are certainly welcome.

BTW, I did acknowledge that I've committed your patch, David, in reply to your
email with the patch.