httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: A::T blib vs lib
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:49:07 GMT

> That leads to different
> version of Apache:PageKit in the lib and blib/lib directories. With the
> current version of Apache::Test the version in lib is tested. But 'make
> install' installs the version from blib/lib. And depending from your perl
> they are different.

so you want Apache-Test to test _only_ the version in blib and _never_ the
version in lib, right?

this kinda confirms my suspicion that stas

     % env APACHE_TEST_LIVE_DEV=1 t/TEST -conf

patch does exactly the opposite of what you wanted.

> I reported that to Stas and he explaind that the lib path is hardcoded to make
> development easier.

for the record, I need to re-iterate how much I dislike that idea in the
first place :)

> As a solution he suggest a ENV var that when set prefer
> the lib dir for development.

so, what I gather is that what APACHE_TEST_LIVE_DEV=1 ought to do is not add
lib to @INC, but rather ensure that lib is not used at all, thus forcing the
tests to use blib (as is the standard practice everywhere I know about
except Apache-Test).  does that sound right?

--Geoff