httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: using TestRunPerl without mod_perl.c
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:26:03 GMT
hi again :)

well, after giving this issue some (probably way too much) thought over the
weekend, I have decided that unless there is a -1 floating around, I'm going
to go ahead with the change as I initially suggested it.

the main reason for my going ahead is something I realized after our last
exchange.  for the majority of TestRunPerl users (probably every single one,
in fact) the change will have no effect on the behavior of Apache-Test:
mod_perl specific directives in extra.conf.in will still make the server
fail to start and the tests fail to run.  so, what the changes will do it
maintain existing behavior while giving users more flexibility than they
currently have.

at any rate, as I said, I'll commit later this afternoon unless there is a
(very) good reason not to.  I'll be happy to revert it later if, after
actually using it, people don't like it and complain.  if I have time in the
near future, I'll even try to clean it up a bit (like removing PerlRequire
from TestRun and sticking all of them in a single IfModule).

--Geoff