httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] running tests after the server stops
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:10:48 GMT

> OK, here is an idea how to solve it. instead of starting and stopping
> the server by t/TEST delegate it to a specially designed tests. So the
> last test in t/pre-start/ will start the server and the first test in
> t/post-stop/ will stop the server. Both can be autogenerated. Of course
> this will mess up with the ability to run a single test with t/TEST, but
> we can instruct t/TEST to start the server if it doesn't see
> t/pre-start/ in the list of tests, and stop it if it doesn't see
> t/post-stop/ in the list of tests.

that's the route that I have started in on (in varying forms).  it's sorta
working out, but it doesn't really seem to be a clean route - among other
things I need to freeze all the options and essentially build a new (fake)
TestRun object within the start and stop tests.  we'll see how it goes, but
I think it will work out better as a subclass of Apache::TestHarness rather
than altering the underlying code.

anyway, I should have something tomorrow.

--Geoff