httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] running tests after the server stops
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:34:23 GMT

> The only issue is with Test::Harness, we will need to somehow feed tests
> to it so it'll take them all as one bunch, while we have to run first
> t/pre-start/ test, followed by normal tests, followed by t/post-stop/
> tests.

oh, I see the issue now.

if we call TestRun::run_tests multiple times, each set of tests is sent to
Test::Harness as a batch.  so, calling it pre and post run results in three
sets of reports.

I have the start of an implementation now (working via t/TEST) but am
hesitant to work on it more unless we think that three reports is ok for
this feature.  there will also have to be some trickery involved - if one
set returns failure the remaining sets don't run - but I'm not sure where to
put it.

at any rate, the remaining issues are probably trivial if we can accept a
change in output.  if not, I'm not sure how this would work.

--Geoff