httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache::Test
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:44:40 GMT
Boris Zentner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, 16. September 2003 10:54 schrieb Stas Bekman:
>
> [...]
>

>>>I was under the impression of the commet directly over the fix that the
>>>'lib' was the lib inside mod_perl ( or that was the desired lib, sure I
>>>noticed that the real world and the comment do not match ).
>>>
>>>So my conclusion was that you work inside the perl/lib or mod_perl/lib
>>>and not inside your project directory.
>>
>>I guess it's late, but I fail to follow your logic here. All I want is
>>project/lib to be the very first in @INC. that's for dev of course. I
>>develop inside the project directory.
>

> I understand it right. Only at the start of our mails I tend to think you work
> in the mod_perl/lib dir.
>
> This comment from Apache::TestConfig show me the wrong way.
>     # make sure that the Apache-Test dev libs will be first in @INC,
>     # followed by modperl's lib, followed by blib and finally core
>     # Perl libs.

Aha! "modperl's lib" refers to modperl-2.0/lib since Apache-Test is also
checked out into the modperl-2.0 distro and some other distros also bundle it
I think.

I've fixed the comment to read:

     # make sure that Apache-Test/lib will be first in @INC,
     # followed by modperl-2.0/lib (or some other project's lib/),
     # followed by blib/ and finally system-wide libs.

>     lib::->import(map "$self->{vars}->{top_dir}/$_",
>                   qw(Apache-Test/lib lib blib/lib blib/arch));
>     #print join "\n", "add_inc", @INC, "";
>
> But then after your mail I got it and prefer your solution. An ENV var saying
> if set to prefer the lib dir before the blib if unset/false blib goes before
> lib.
>
> Thanks again. Have a good sleep.

Thanks ;)