httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: question
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:49:07 GMT

Jacek Prucia wrote:
> Looking at httpd release procedure, it apears that when tagging
> httpd-2.0, both apr and apr-util are also tagged. I've checked some apr
> files and they don't have FLOOD_1_0 tag, so I assume this doesn't apply
> to flood, am I right? If so, we can't figure out what apr/apr-util libs
> are needed to compile certain flood tag (for example FLOOD_1_0 won't
> compile against apr HEAD). This doesn't seem to be a big problem, but I
> wanted to be sure if everybody are OK with this.

the perl-framework just had this problem.  I ended up changing the code to
use the non-deprecated functions that exist in both branches of apr.  the
thought on the list was that everything should compile with 1.3,
APACHE_2_0_BRANCH (httpd 2.0/APR_0_9_BRANCH+APU_0_9_BRANCH) and cvs HEAD
(httpd 2.1) - compatibility back further than current CVS is not an issue.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-test-dev&m=106276645705429&w=2

HTH

--Geoff