httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: FLOOD_1_1_RC1 tagged.
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:15:46 GMT
--On Wednesday, September 10, 2003 1:18 AM +0200 Jacek Prucia
<jacek.prucia@acn.waw.pl> wrote:

> I would like to ask other RM's to take a closer look at RC1 tarballs. I might
> goofed something up and have absolutelly no idea about it :)

Looks fine here on Solaris.  +1 with the build/rules.mk.in change I just
committed to remove the .deps failures.

Once you feel confident, you should be able to tweak the repository and lay
down the final tag in CVS, then create the final 1.1 tarball.  You now have
two +1s from me and Aaron for this RC.  I'll assume you'd cast a +1 too at
some point!  So, that's the required 3 +1s for a public release.  Woot!

I should be able to find time next week to add you to the right groups and
stuff so you can make the release public.  You might have to poke me though as
I've got a crazy week up ahead.  (Or, poke Cliff as he's root@ next week.)

Since this is the first 'real' release in a long time (if ever), I'd suggest
doing the following things if you want:

- Create an email to send to announce@httpd.apache.org
  Feel free to post drafts here for feedback.  Look at httpd-2.x's announce
emails for a flavor of what'll be there.  You'd probably want to have a
paragraph introducing what flood is.

- Update the flood website to mention 1.1 is released.

Let me know if you have questions.  Good luck!  -- justin