httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: FLOOD_1_1_RC1 tagged.
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:23:12 GMT
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:15:46 -0700
Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> --On Wednesday, September 10, 2003 1:18 AM +0200 Jacek Prucia
> <jacek.prucia@acn.waw.pl> wrote:
>
> > I would like to ask other RM's to take a closer look at RC1 tarballs. I
> > might goofed something up and have absolutelly no idea about it :)
>
> Looks fine here on Solaris.  +1 with the build/rules.mk.in change I just
> committed to remove the .deps failures.

Cool :)

> Once you feel confident, you should be able to tweak the repository and lay
> down the final tag in CVS, then create the final 1.1 tarball.  You now have
> two +1s from me and Aaron for this RC.  I'll assume you'd cast a +1 too at
> some point!

Here's my +1 (for RC1 + build/rules.mk.in changes recently commited).

> So, that's the required 3 +1s for a public release.  Woot!

Yes. Look's like we're on straight road to 1.1 right now.

> I should be able to find time next week to add you to the right groups and
> stuff so you can make the release public.  You might have to poke me though
> as I've got a crazy week up ahead.  (Or, poke Cliff as he's root@ next
> week.)

OK. Will do.

Absolutelly! Also a mail to announce@apache.org would also be desired, no?

>   Feel free to post drafts here for feedback.  Look at httpd-2.x's announce
> emails for a flavor of what'll be there.

I've already spotted announcement files at httpd-dist repo. The idea is great,
and I'll start cooking flood announcement soon. Please expect announcement
post for review later this day.

>  You'd probably want to have a
> paragraph introducing what flood is.

Yes. I've seen such paragraphs in Jakarta announcements e-mails. Will do
something similar for flood.

> - Update the flood website to mention 1.1 is released.

Yes. I'll prepare new HTML and post a patch here.

regards,
Jacek Prucia