httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Garcia-Suarez <raphel.garcia-sua...@hexaflux.com>
Subject Re: new in Apache::Test: t/SMOKE -bug_mode
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:12:14 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> It all started when I have noticed a few core files after running t/SMOKE on
> modperl-2.0's top-level test suite. I couldn't figure out which test caused
> them. So I have decided to rewrite the smoker to provide me that information.
> In the future we might autoextract the backtrace as well.

Neat. (autoextracting the backtrace automatically is easily done with gdb -x
where available.)

> This should make bug reports much more useful. However it comes at a price of
> running much slower than the normal 'make test' would do, until
> Test::Harness::Straps won't provide the callbacks to be run after each test,

Just in case you don't know this already, the latest Test::Harness
contains an experimental -- and undocumented -- form of callbacks.

If you could post something to perl-qa to explain in a
few sentences what you need, I'd be happy to help crafting
something. And to reuse it for perl :)