httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: question
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:58:03 GMT
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 11:49:07 -0400
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> wrote:

[...]
> the perl-framework just had this problem.  I ended up changing the code to
> use the non-deprecated functions that exist in both branches of apr.  the
> thought on the list was that everything should compile with 1.3,
> APACHE_2_0_BRANCH (httpd 2.0/APR_0_9_BRANCH+APU_0_9_BRANCH) and cvs HEAD
> (httpd 2.1) - compatibility back further than current CVS is not an issue.

This is pretty what I have expected. Not every apr based project out there
(e.g. Subversion) shares repo with apr. If they can live without tagging apr
everytime they do a release -- so can we :)

So... users get release tarballs, and developers must sync with HEAD.
Makes sense to me.

regards,
Jacek Prucia