httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flood: config file version
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:21:20 GMT
--On Sunday, August 10, 2003 23:06:23 +0200 Jacek Prucia
<jacek.prucia@acn.waw.pl> wrote:

> This is what I have mentioned earlier this day. This introduces a
> CONFIG_VERSION define, which is used to represent a certain config file
> format. Every time we change config fle format (adding features, moving
> things around), we bump this number. This makes easy to determine, that
> somebody is using an outdated config file and that it just might not
> work.

Sounds fine to me.  Only suggestion that I'd make is not to use floating
point numbers, but rather whole numbers.  Use apr_strtoi64() or something
on the string value.  I'm not 100% sure that strtof is portable enough.  It
probably is, but I'm not sure what the floating point will buy us anyway.

> +    if (conf_version != flood_version) {

That should be config_version, no?  -- justin