httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: flood: responsescript patch, take 2
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:03:50 GMT
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:43:59 -0400 (EDT)
Norman Tuttle <ntuttle@photon.poly.edu> wrote:

> Jacek:
>
> Now that you've added this in, what exactly does it do?

I didn't added this in yet -- this is just a proposal. If it's get accepted
I'll comit this along with the docs update.

Anyway, if <url> element has responsescript attribute, then flood tries to
start whatever this attribute points to. If it's value happens to be valid
system executable (say some perl script), then flood sets one way pipe -- it
writes response buffer to script standard input.

> How does it hook into Flood to provide feedback from response data (or does
> it)?

This is just one way ticket. The only way script can comunicate with flood is
through exit system call. Exit code of 0 means "response is OK, go on with
testing", while any other value means "response is bad... let's stop, so we
can investigate this in detail".

> Do you
> have any example scripts that exhibit these properties?

I have some, but I won't post them. We are sharing this mailing list with some
perl gurus, and they'd probably kill me for how I write perl scripts ;))

Seriously, you just read standard input (STDIN in perl) any way you like, and
check response for interesting stuff (header values, HTML body and the like).
I'll update the docs with simple example in perl and/or python soon.

regards,
Jacek Prucia