httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Lamont Lucas <lam...@cluepon.com>
Subject cookie preloading proposal/query
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:52:24 GMT
Hi.  I've been happily using flood for almost a year now and I wanted
to ask about perhaps  either adding a feature or finding a
new way to do what I'm looking for.

Specifically, I have a urllist that needs cookies preloaded
to determine behavior.  I know I can work around this by
including urls in my urllist that go to a different page that simply
loads the cookie I need for the next request, but that is pretty messy.

What I'm looking for is an element in <url>, something like
"cookie-payload" that has all or most of a cookie to be presented
for that url.  I don't know if it makes sense to do it as one string
that has the version, header and value in it (along with the
secure setting and whatever else I'm forgetting) or
as seperate subparts in there.

Would that be possible, or even reasonable?  I tried adding it myself
but was daunted by the size of the task.  Before I start it I
was hoping for a sanity check that what I was asking for was
reasonable and maybe some pointers as to where to start.

--
 - Lamont
"I am not an atomic playboy."