httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: problem running example flood file
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:43:57 GMT
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 10:51:05 -0700
Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org> wrote:

> On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 02:11  PM, Jacek Prucia wrote:
>
> > Yes. To be honest I don't think we need such functionality in flood.
> > Since all
> > we care about is web server load testing, it simply doesn't make any
> > sense to
> > put any obstacles between flood and web server, as this could result
> > in false
> > output (we would load test proxy, not web server).
>
> Someone may want to test an entire system, proxies and all.

Good point.

> (I'm not volunteering to add it, but I'd review and commit someone else's
> code. :)

Well... After all this doesn't look very hard to acomplish. Proxies schould be
transparent for all HTTP clients (flood included), so looks like all we need
is a <proxy> element in urllist and simple tweaks in socket_init and
get_next_url. I don't have much time either, but I'll see what I can do.

regards,
Jacek Prucia