httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject flood: responsescript patch
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:24:04 GMT

This probably belongs in contrib/patches. It is a quick'n'dirty hack I did few
days ago, to simulate applet making network connection.  Basically it allows
for something like this:

<url responsescript="/path/to/script.py">http://www.example.com/</url>

Such script get's whole response buffer (headers and the body). You can then
just do about everything you want. Parse script (plain regexp, or HTML
parser), check various elements, and (my case) simulate some dorky applet
making connections to server where it came from. If everything is ok, then
scrpt schould exit with zero. Any other exit code triggers error and stops
processing (much like regexp failure).

This patch just has one simple problem. If the job is fancy (like my applet
connection), then it distorts response times, as apr_proc_wait is blocking.
Because of that it doesn't seem like this code belongs in main trunk. How
about contrib/patches?

regards,
Jacek Prucia