httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject Re: problem running example flood file
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:11:21 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:19:58 -0400 (EDT)
Norman Tuttle <ntuttle@photon.poly.edu> wrote:

> John:
>
> To my knowledge, "<proxy>" is not set up to work yet.
> This may be THE problem. If you can, try it without using proxies and this
> <proxy> element.

Yes. To be honest I don't think we need such functionality in flood. Since all
we care about is web server load testing, it simply doesn't make any sense to
put any obstacles between flood and web server, as this could result in false
output (we would load test proxy, not web server).

However, I see that John is using plain round-robin.xml from examples
subdirectory, so I assume he is just testing his instalation. Right now this
is done with remote requests, but since we have <baseurl> support, we can
write few pages using virtually every web-based language available (PHP, ASP,
JSP, etc.) and prepare tests for those pages instead of remote sites. This is
just exactly what I have deep down my TODO list... Oh... well... anybody
have few spare hours to sell? ;)

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia