httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From John Gray <j...@brainpipe.com>
Subject problem running example flood file
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:04:02 GMT
I've installed Flood 0.4 per the instructions on the Apache web site.
The build seemed to go ok without any problems, but each time I try

% ./flood examples/round-robin.xml > foo.out

it fails with the error

open request failed (http://search.apache.org/index.cgi).
Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.

I do need to use a proxy, so I've added the line

<proxy>http://neptune:80</proxy>

which is the address used in other applications (e.g. firebird) that
need to use the proxy. I've tried adding this line in different places
within the <profile> section; I've also tried adding it in different
places within the <urllist> or even just under the <flood> root level.
Each time I get exactly the same error above, repeated four times.

Any suggestions?

- john