httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: apxs on Win32
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:28:29 GMT
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
[ .. ]
> > That's what I was thinking - sorry, I should have been clearer.
> > ppm has a feature that, when one installs a ppm package, a script
> > from some server can optionally be fetched and run (by Perl, or
> > anything, actually). So what I could do for the Apache-Test ppm
> > package we have is use such a script to get the needed files for
> > the apxs script and run and install them (if the user wants) -
> > that way, a person running an older httpd-2.0 could just ppm
> > install Apache-Test from here, and apxs would also get installed
[ ... ]
> Thanks Randy, I did understand that. I was asking about those who try to
> install from source, without using ppm.

Ah, I see now ... What could be done, within Apache-Test's
Makefile.PL, is offer to get the same remote source and
configuration files to install apxs that the ppm post-install
script gets. This would be easier to maintain and upgrade, and
plus wouldn't require adding additional files to the Apache-Test
distribution.

--
best regards,
randy