httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: apxs on Win32
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:49:34 GMT
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
[ .. ]
> > As Bill mentioned in another message, it looks like it would be
> > possible to integrate it within httpd-2.0. So rather than
> > including it within the Apache-Test sources, what I could do is
> > add a post-install script to the Win32 ppm package we have here
> > for Apache-Test that would install the apxs script, if desired -
> > that might be handy for people who'd like to play with it now.
>
> Though it won't be available for people with older httpd-2.0. I
> guess in that case Apache::Test could install it.

That's what I was thinking - sorry, I should have been clearer.
ppm has a feature that, when one installs a ppm package, a script
from some server can optionally be fetched and run (by Perl, or
anything, actually). So what I could do for the Apache-Test ppm
package we have is use such a script to get the needed files for
the apxs script and run and install them (if the user wants) -
that way, a person running an older httpd-2.0 could just ppm
install Apache-Test from here, and apxs would also get installed
(of course, associating this script with Apache-Test is just
convenience - a user can fetch and run the script him/herself
manually). So this wouldn't require any changes to the
Apache-Test sources.

--
best regards,
randy