httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Apache::Test oustanding issues
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:33:27 GMT
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, David Wheeler wrote:

> On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 04:52  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > We do that already. The problem is in the parent path.
> > Try:
> > cd /root ; mkdir t ; chmod 0777 t ;
> > sudo -u 'nobody' perl -le 'print -r "t" && -w _ && -x _ ? "OK" :
"NOK"'

> Oh, right. That's one thing about Unix that I never got the hang of.
> But don't you get the username and group from httpd.conf? Couldn't use
> use that information to do chown and chgrp?
>
> David

Depending on where the source directory is, you may have to open
up a parent directory normally restricted to root to a non-root
user, which wouldn't be a good idea, even temporarily. What about
just skipping the tests if root is running the tests, and
printing out an explanatory message why the tests are skipped?

--
best regards,
randy