httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [patch] have_apache_mpm()
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:03:07 GMT
At 12:21 PM 7/11/2003, Geoffrey Young wrote:

>in either case, I still think have_apache_mpm() is a decent API for Apache-Test, no matter
how it's implemented behind the scenes.  does it make sense to get that in first as I last
proposed then change the implementation later?  I guess the other option is to dump have_apache_mpm()
in favor of a more generic query_apache() (or have both :)

That is what I'd like to see (the later.)  Every time you test 'is_Prefork' you
miss the logic you are testing relative to other MPM's which share the same
or similar characteristics.  Avoiding threads?  That's one query test.  Fork or
created process?  That's another.

Although Apache may only distribute 2-8 different MPMs, third parties are
already out there creating their own custom MPMs.  If we can find some sane
way of collecting and advertising the associated features, that would be much
more robust than looking for an MPM name.

Bill