httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Apache::Test oustanding issues
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:33:40 GMT

> 2) We have a problem with Apache::Test running as root, since when
> Apache "sudoes" into 'nobody' it can't access files under /root or some
> other root owned dir. The current cvs version already tries to tell the
> user about the problem before starting to run the test suite.

I've use A::T to test a SOAP server that runs as root, which means the tests
need to be run as root as well.

the way I handled this was to add the following to my TEST.PL

   # override root blocks
   local *Apache::TestConfig::default_user = sub { return 'root' };
   local *Apache::TestConfig::default_group = sub { return 'root' };

   # and that nasty chown stuff
   local *Apache::TestRun::adjust_t_perms = sub { 1 };

which worked very well.

now, I'm not suggesting TEST.PL changes as a fix, but couldn't we do
something similar behind the scenes if the user is running as root?

> Currently the only solution that was suggested is to copy t/ into /tmp
> and run the tests from there and then cleanup. T

yucko!

--Geoff