httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: Apache::TestRequest Doc Patch
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:03:02 GMT

>> I thought I've answered this question already:
> Right, so you did. I would just argue that it should default to the
> distribution root, but I won't push it. I'm adding this to my Makefile.PL:
>     use FindBin;
>     push @ARGV, '-serverroot', $FindBin::Bin;

Alternatively you can do this from t/TEST.PL:

   $Apache::TestConfig::Argv{'-serverroot'} = catdir $FindBin::Bin, "..";

> Most CPAN module maintainers will want to know about this, I expect.
> I'll supply a doc patch with this information later today.

The main reason that the default docroot is t/ is because things like logs/,
conf/, etc are conveniently placed under t/. I'm not quite sure why do you
think that most people will want to have the ../t as the serverroot. The only
drawback of using t/ is in the need to adjust @INC, to include ../t.

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message