httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Test failure with Apache::Test 1.03, Apache/2.0.40 and perl-5.8.1-to-be
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:28:12 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>slaven@rezic.de wrote:
>
> [ .. ]
>
>>>Now I get a different failure ("Alias" is now invalid):
>
> [ .. ]
>

>>>waiting for server to start: .Syntax error on line 76 of
>>>/home/slavenr/work2/httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/t/conf/httpd.conf:
>>>Invalid command 'Alias', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
>>>module not included in the server configuration !!!
>>
>>Do you have mod_alias available?
>>
>>% prefork/bin/httpd -l | grep mod_alias
>>   mod_alias.c
>>
>>I suppose we could run this command to check for prerequisites
>>and die if they aren't available?
>

> I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is, but maybe the
> following might help in deciding ... I think the problem arises
> when Apache-Test either doesn't find the right httpd.conf
> corresponding to the found httpd (as might happen, for example,
> when httpd is a symlink to the real one), or it finds and parses
> a bogus one (this happened to me a couple of times when the
> installed httpd.conf wasn't edited to include the minimal
> LoadModule directives, and I forgot to check). So it's not
> necessarily a problem with using an incorrect httpd (although
> that may still happen), but rather incorrect or missing
> information from httpd.conf is being used.
>
> If the above is on the right track, one possibility is to
> do the following (in cases where possible LoadModule directives
> are needed by Apache-Test):
> - die if an httpd.conf isn't found in a directory conf/ in an
> expected relative location to httpd (or perhaps add an option
> allowing a user to specify where httpd.conf is, if it's in
> a different relative to httpd).

This sounds like a good idea to me. Apache::Test already provides an option to
specify a custom path to the httpd.conf to inherit from.

t/TEST -help |& grep inherit
   -httpd_conf         inherit config from this file (default is apxs derived)

> - test the configuration, and if an "Invalid Command ..." error
> is generated, suggest to the user to either supply the right
> httpd.conf, or check the validity of the existing one.

test the config of httpd.conf to be inherited or the autogenerated one?